News Waali latest news updates.
Kharge emails it: Leaders of 16 opposition parties, including the Congress, marched to the ED headquarters on Wednesday, demanding an inquiry into the allegations against the Adani Group.
Image Credit Source: PTI
New Delhi: congress leader Mallikarjun Kharge today ie Wednesday Enforcement Directorate Posted a letter to (ED). In which the leaders of 16 opposition parties demanded immediate action on the allegations of fraud against the Adani group after they were prevented from sending in person to the federal agency. The police used additional forces and set up barricades from the Senedd complex to the office of the European Department to stop the march to the leaders. Section 144 was placed near the campus, which prohibits the gathering of more than four people.
At the same time, as soon as the Senate session began, there was another clash between the Congress and Rahul. The BJP once again demanded an apology on Gandhi’s speech in London. All opposition parties, including the Congress, created a ruckus demanding a JPC inquiry into the Adani-Hindenburg report.
Know what has happened so far in 10 points
- Congress leader Kharge, who is leading the march, said that the government does not want the opposition to demand an inquiry into the Adani case, so the police did not allow us to go to the ED office. Let the opposition leaders meet Kharge in his office to discuss coordinating their strategy on this issue.
- The opposition parties attacked the government on the Adani group risk of SBI and LIC, and demanded a parliamentary panel inquiry against it.
- The Congress leader said that LIC, State Bank and many other banks were ruined because of the Modi government. The accumulated capital of people’s whole life was given to one person. Because of this his wealth increased to Rs 13 lakh crore.
- Kharge said that the relationship between Adani and Modi should be investigated. At the same time, the opposition parties also made several serious allegations against the Adani group in three pages, including shell companies and money laundering The opposition leaders attacked and said that the ED cannot turn away from its jurisdiction.
- Congress, Communist Party of India, Marxist Communist Party, Janata Dal (United), Shiv Sena (UBT), Rashtriya Janata Dal, Jharkhand Mukti Morcha, Aam Aadmi Party, Indian Union Muslim League, and many other parties have signed the letter.
- Before the start of the session, Congress President Kharge held a meeting with 16 opposition parties in the Senate Chamber at around 10.30 am. All parties have agreed among themselves to put pressure on the government by demanding that the JPC investigate the Hindenburg-Adani report.
- Attacking the Centre, the Congress leader said the government had deployed 2,000 policemen to stop 200 MPs. He said that Modi talks about democracy, but peaceful demonstrations are also being suppressed.
- MPs Mamta Banerjee and Sharad Pawar did not participate in this demonstration, and when the House resumed at 2 o’clock, then the ruckus began on these issues.
- Regarding the ED-CBI action in the Adani case, Mamta Banerjee’s party is protesting differently from some other opposition parties. According to TMC leader Sudip Bandyopadhyay, whether it is the ruling party or the main opposition, both are against each other. That is why we perform differently.
- Ever since the American Research Agency Hindenburg report came out, the opposition has been continuously attacking the Adani Group and PM Modi. Hindenburg had made several allegations against the Adani Group, including fraudulent transactions and share price manipulation.